5. Scar Creams Product Review - CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides, 0.7 Ounce
Last reviewed: January 01, 2019
CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides, 0.7 Ounce
0.7 Ounce CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides is a natural scar cream that can treat scars, acne scars, wrinkles, stretch marks and burns. It's packed full of beneficial ingredients with peptides included. Although it doesn't work for all people, those who it worked for were happy with the results.
Product and Treatment Explanation
As with other scar creams, you massage the cream into your scar until it's fully absorbed. For the 0.7 Ounce CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides, you need to apply it 2-3 times per day. How long you need to use the cream depends on how old the scar is and severity of the scar. You should apply the 0.7 Ounce CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides 6-8 weeks for new scars and a minimum of three months for old scars. It's possible to see results sooner, but don't feel discouraged if you don't. Give your body time to heal as you consistently apply the cream 2-3 times per day as directed.
0.7 Ounce CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides is made of 22 active ingredients. All of the botanical ingredients used are natural, organic, and sustainably harvested. The packaging is also sustainable. Some of the active ingredients in this natural scar cream are aloe vera gel, shea butter, cocoa butter, evening primrose oil, cotton thistle, plantain leaves, tamanu oil, onion bulb extract, geranium essential oil, vitamin E and vitamin C.
Aloe vera gel is well-known for its ability to soothe and encourage healing in the skin. Several studies over the past 20 years have found that topical application of aloe vera helps fade scars. Shea butter works to renew cells, hydrate the skin and acts as a sunblock. Cocoa butter contains antioxidants and has moisturizing and scar reduction properties. It even reduces stretch marks. Containing a rare essential fatty acid, evening primrose oil decreases the appearance of bruises and helps wounds heal faster.
In clinical studies, cotton thistle has been found to support the skin's natural repair processes. It works to heal acne scars and wrinkles while moisturizing the skin. Plantain leaves have been used in medicine since ancient times with one of its Native American names meaning "life medicine." It reduces inflammation and scars.
Tamanu oil has been proven to reduce the appearance of scars. In one study it decreased scar length visibility by 0.28 cm and scar width visibility by 0.12 cm on average. To help soften skin that has been hardened by scars, onion bulb extract is part of this cream's formula. Other benefits of onion bulb extract are reduced inflammation and redness.
Pricing and Value of Product
0.7 Ounce CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides costs $19.99. As a natural, organic product, this is good value. Other natural scar creams are around this price with some being slightly cheaper or more expensive. CELSUS offers a 100% refund if the product doesn't work for you or if you are unsatisfied with it for whatever reason, so you can try it virtually risk-free.
Pros and Cons
- Natural and organic - Skin care products that are made with natural and organic ingredients are usually gentler on your skin and better for your overall health than those that aren't.
- Works on both old and new scars - If you still have cream left over in the tube after your scar disappears, you can use the remainder to treat a new wound.
- Safe to use on children and infants - One customer of the CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides said it completely healed a burn on her infant's body that he got from accidentally spilling a cup of hot tea.
- Anti-Aging - 0.7 CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides can be used for reducing wrinkles as well, even if there is no scarring in that area. The peptides and cotton thistle in the skin cream are great ingredients for reducing wrinkles.
- Not effective for everyone - Some customers who tried the cream said they didn't see any results. A few specified that they used the cream as stated in the directions for a few months but their skin didn't improve.
- Smell - Some people don't like how this scar cream smells. If you're sensitive to bad smells and perceive its smell as bad, then it may take you time to get used to it.
Science Behind the Product
0.7 Ounce CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides features peptide technology as given away in the name. Peptides are amino acids that can decrease the visibility of wrinkles, moisturize the skin, and firm the skin. Clinical trials have shown it to be safe and effective.
Peptides help with anti-aging and reversing signs of aging by encouraging collagen production. Collagen is an important protein in your skin that creates its foundation and thickness. When your skin loses collagen during the aging process, wrinkles and dry skin can occur.
Peptide technology works in an indirect way for improving skin health. Your skin naturally produces peptides when collagen breaks down and these peptides signal your body that it needs to product more collagen. By applying peptides to your skin, it will be signaled to create more collagen.
Bio-intelligence sounds like a new concept, but it's been around for almost four billion years. The simple definition of this term is guiding the body to teach itself. 0.7 Ounce CELSUS Bio-Intelligence Scar Cream with Peptides stimulates the body to help it trigger this process of healing the scar or wrinkles.
Some of the ingredients in this 0.7 ounce scar cream contain phytonutrients, which are plant chemicals that are beneficial for your health. They can help protect your skin from free radicals.